Help:Yamaha DSP-757SE No Rear Surround Sound with LCD TV as source

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by db9, Dec 31, 2006.

Tags:
  1. db9

db9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I need some help, please guys.:lease:

I am at a total loss as to what to do to regain surround sound from my 2 rear speakers when watching TV channels on my Sony Bravia.

I used to have surround sound from ALL speakers when watching TV programs on my LCD. The Amp display would read either 'Sur. Standard' or 'Sur. Enhanced' (Green buttons 5 or 7 on remote). Now when I select these settings on the amp I only get sound from the front and centre speakers, nothing from either rear. My bro thinks its something to do with the decoder not working?

The only way I can get sound from all speakers is to set the amp to 7 Channel Stereo(Green button #1).

I also have a DVD player hooked up via component and all speakers and surround effects etc work fine and normal, no problem there.

I did verbally instruct my future sister in law on how to play a DVD over xmas and I can only assume that she changed one of the amplifier settings as it was fine before then.

Any advice on how to correct this would be most appreciated as im close to taking the amp back, the Yamaha owners manual is so 'un-user friendly'.

Thanks