1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Xbox to TH37PW7 Plasma via Denon 500SD, how to get sound ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by RockSteddie, Apr 12, 2005.

1. RockSteddie

RockSteddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Hi All

I've just purchased the Denon DHT500SD to use in conjuction with a new Panasonic TH37PW7 Plasma screen. I have a freeview box going to the Plasma's VGA port via a JS Converter box with sound being fed to the denon via the optical input. The Denon is going to the Plasma by the component output to a component terminal board for DVD playback etc.

Now the problem that I have is that I also have an Xbox with the advanced RGB Scart lead, now I can swap (for the moment) with the Freeview box to get a picture output to the plasma screen but to get sound it has to be routed to the Denon. As far as I am aware the Denon's RGB is input only so how am I going to get sound from the Xbox. The only thing I can think of is to get an Xbox compenent lead and feed the audio by the Phono plugs to the Audio in on the denon and use a component switch to go between the DVD output and the Xbox.

Is this the only solution or am I missing something really simple here?

Thanks for any replies !!

Crossed posted with all-in-one systems: Hope this is ok!

2. sandstheman

sandstheman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Does the denon not have another Optical Input, because if you've got the advanced scart for the x-box then you should be able to use the optical audio out from it