1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Xbox to Denon DHT500SD, how to get sound?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by RockSteddie, Apr 12, 2005.

1. RockSteddie

RockSteddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Hi All

I've just purchased the Denon DHT500SD to use in conjuction with a new Panasonic TH37PW7 Plasma screen. I have a freeview box going to the Plasma's VGA port via a JS Converter box with sound being fed to the denon via the optical input. The Denon is going to the Plasma by the component output to a component terminal board for DVD playback etc.

Now the problem that I have is that I also have an Xbox with the advanced RGB Scart lead, now I can swap (for the moment) with the Freeview box to get a picture output to the plasma screen but to get sound it has to be routed to the Denon. As far as I am aware the Denon's RGB is input only so how am I going to get sound from the Xbox. The only thing I can think of is to get an Xbox compenent lead and feed the audio by the Phono plugs to the Audio in on the denon and use a component switch to go between the DVD output and the Xbox.

Is this the only solution or am I missing something really simple here?

Thanks for any replies !!

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,616
    There is an optical out on the MS rgb scart .So you could use an optical splitter or switch . I use a splitter in reverse with no problems . Have my Xbox and Sky+ sharing the same input on my amp . Only thing I have to do is make sure sky+ is in standby .
    Try a search , its been covered loads :smashin:
    atb
    John

3. RockSteddie

RockSteddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    Thanks Johnscarlet, I completely forgot that the MS lead had an optical out :eek:

I've picked up an optical splitter and a couple of optical leads today, I'll give it a try when I get home from work tonight. Thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

Omino