Help! Xbox keeps crashing!

nicklone86

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just been playing Halo online when my xbox locked up. Now everytime I play it with the ethernet cable plugged in it locks up instantly! :(

It's only 2 weeks old! and it's a new 60gb Pro console...

:lease:

Not sure but I think it may be Live! down. Im having problems accessing the xbox.com forums, and theres been quite a bit downage since the behind the scenes update on monday

Just been playing Halo online when my xbox locked up. Now everytime I play it with the ethernet cable plugged in it locks up instantly! :(

bring it back and get it replaced, the console shouldnt freeze just because live is down. If its only two weeks take it to the shop you bought it in and complian.

Not sure but I think it may be Live! down. Im having problems accessing the xbox.com forums, and theres been quite a bit downage since the behind the scenes update on monday

It's ok! I rang xbox cust support and it's because I tried to download the PES demo and it failed. So I had to sign out, delete the half downloaded demo and it was up and running again! :thumbsup:

It's ok! I rang xbox cust support and it's because I tried to download the PES demo and it failed. So I had to sign out, delete the half downloaded demo and it was up and running again! :thumbsup:

You can breathe again! :D Glad you got it sorted :)

Big thanks for bringing attention to this, my 360 froze on me a couple times this afternoon, I asumed it was Live related but just like you I had been downloading the PES demo. Not going to try and download it again though, the risk isn't worth the reward.

cant seem im suprised really.

Is it just Halo ?

I also have the same problem, and was also downloading PES demo :mad:

Have removed partial file. Seems to be ok again now....

Exactly the same thing happened to me.
Will try again later.

Guess what?

Mine done exactly the same whilst downloading PES Demo.

Glad it weren't the box again, already on my fourth.

thanks for posting this man, the exact same thing happened with mine - didn't have a clue what was happening!:thumbsup:

thanks for posting this man, the exact same thing happened with mine - didn't have a clue what was happening!:thumbsup:

Yep, same thing here. I thought it was my hard drive. Glad I'm not the only one. What is the procedure for deleting the partial file, mine just signs in automatically and then crashes.

Disconnect your xbox from the router/internet connection so it can't sign into live, then delete the partial download from the hard drive, then reconnect to live and all should be ok.

I had something very similiar last night whilst I was playing Tiger woods 09, and downloading a demo (not PES). Glad it wasn't just my machine

Crikey, mine's doing exactly the same thing (am downloading PES2009 demo).

Mines been repaired once, it's 2+yrs old.

I had established it had something to do with live and guessed it had something to do with Pro - which downloaded no problem on the PS3.

Not impressed.

For reference the process to delete is as follows.

>bring up the dashboard
>scroll right to system menu
>select console
>select demos
>hit pro evo and hit delete
>it should now work (though i haven't plugged it back in yet)

Last night I was downloading the War..... Arcade game trial when Tiger Woods paused the download and then crashed and I found every time I sighed in to Live that my 360 crashed, I dont know why but I just thought about trying my 360 without going into Live, I too deleted the pending download and all was ok after that, Odd and one for the lessons learned manual I think. :rolleyes: ;)

Last night I was downloading the War..... Arcade game trial when Tiger Woods paused the download and then crashed and I found every time I sighed in to Live that my 360 crashed, I dont know why but I just thought about trying my 360 without going into Live, I too deleted the pending download and all was ok after that, Odd and one for the lessons learned manual I think. :rolleyes: ;)

agreed, there should be a blog/book/site which details - things M$ forgot to tell you when you bought the console.

1. it's about as reliable as an austin metro
2. partial downloads make it freeze

did it make the Xbox rrod or just crash?

Its not a console breaker, it just locks the console and prevents you doing other things.

Once you remove the ethernet cable it cant sign into live, you can delete the half downloaded demo and then re-use the console to re download the demo or whatever else you want.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom