1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! Would like help on building my first system!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by MarkGolf, Feb 12, 2005.

1. MarkGolf

MarkGolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, Hello, this is my first post and nice informative forum ;)
    I want to slowly build up a nice system for my bed room..

Basics...
    I want a nice fully silver seperate's set-up, silver/glass stand, floor standing speakers for music, 5.1 Amp, CD Player/DVD both in one?, single cassette
    Pretty basic really, just something to make some noise

Im real into my car audio, but home audio is a tad new to me!

Budget...
    Hard to say, but less than £1k...

A few things I've seen..

1. CD/DVD Player wih 5.1 surround
    For £188, a DVD/CD Home cinema 5.1 setup..
    [​IMG]
    I thought this would be good as the 5 speakers can be used on a 5.1 Amp and the DVD player can be used as the systems CD player, so 2 birds with 1 stone with this...?

2. This amp???
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3280&item=5751388019&rd=1
    [​IMG]

OR

http://ws4.richersounds.com/showpro...540A-SIL&SID=498a274c9141e6f42db89a53c3c2106f
    [​IMG]
    Not 5.1, but I suppose I could run the 5.1 speakers from the DVD/CD unit as above and then for my music, just use the 2 floor standers im planning on getting and no Tuner

Cassette player, no big deal in my eyes, Anything will do the job..

Glass stand, seen a 5 shelf one for £200 in the sony centre, cheaper would be better

Speakers, Have to be floor standers, black/silver, produce low freq bass
    I dont mind speanding out a bit on these and cabling..

Thanks, a bit unclear i know! lol But u'll work it out

Any help will be GREATTTTTT!!!!

Thanks

2. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It'd probably be easier to head down to your local richer sounds and ask what they can offer you for your budget.

I would look into the CA540R and 540D which would leave about £500 for speakers, which you could pick and choose from.

Alternatively look into stuff from all the other good AV manufacturers such as Denon, Yamaha, Marantz etc.

Basically you'd be better not messing about with integrated systems, and just straight off go for a DVD player, AV amp and sperakers.