Question Help working out screen dimensions please.

andyturner46

Standard Member
My maths is letting me down again. I've ordered some screen material which i am going to stick to a sheet of perspex and hang on the wall. It's 1.4m long x 1m wide, what dimensions do i need for a 16:9 screen? I really should have paid more attention in school lol.

andyturner46

Standard Member
Soo, i want to stick with a 60" diagonal and going to stick it to a sheet of perspex with contact adhesive with a 2" black velvet border from that site. 60" diagonal is 52" x 29", so assuming i just need to get the perspex cut to 56" x 33". I will then put the border over the edges of the screen material to stop the edges curling up. Does this sound like a good idea, or would carpet tape or similar be a better way of doing it. I'm not sure how i'm gonna mount it to the wall, i have Dulux suade effect paint so it's a really rough surface, so carpet tape isn't working with the current screen, keeps peeling off :(

Last edited:

andyturner46

Standard Member
Ok, have ordered perspex as above, and screen material turned up today but is totally wrong, it's some kind of grey transparent plastic material so sending it back. I can't find anywhere else that sells grey screen material so concidering going with PSM and sticking with white. Is any of you using their screens? How rough is the texture, as with my current cheap screen i can clearly see the texture in bright scenes from only 8' away.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom