Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help with Z1 and computer !!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Rusty, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Rusty

Rusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I just received the Z1 today so forgive my lack of knowledge on the matter (though I did read extensively prior to purchasing it!)

Basically, I figured that the simplest first connection to make would be via a VGA cable to my PC. How wrong...

Problem 1. My main PC has a GeForce4 MX440 (AGP 8X) with DVI and VGA out. The DVI is used for my TFT, but upon connecting the VGA to the projector, I couldn't get a signal. Why?

Problem 2. Connecting to the Shuttle I want to rig up as a HCPC, I was able to get a picture, but only in 4:3 (i.e. missing off the sides). How can I set up a widescreen signal for the Proj from either my main PC (if I can sort out problem 1) and ultimately the Shuttle.

Please help!!!!!

2. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, the good old virtual desktop. I got rid of it by doing two things:

1) Add a 960x540 resolution - though you may have already done this to end up with virtual desktop in the first place. I used Powerstrip to add the resolution but you may be able to hack it into the registry directly.

2) Change the monitor from 'Default Plug & Play' to a widescreen capable monitor (I used something like Sony GDW-900.)

That was it, for me. I then just needed to tweak the settings on the Z1 to give me 1:1 mapping and it all worked fine.

Good luck,

_

P.S. This may be better in the HTPC forum?