Help with Yamaha RX-V679 playing from Ipod Touch (A1421)

Budgie2

Standard Member
My problem is being able to play to the Yamaha from an iPod touch (A1421). This is my first ever use of Apple infrastructure and I am rather low on the learning curve.

If I put the iPod on the docking station, which has speakers built and no stereo jack, in I am stuck with the sound coming from the docking station which is not what I want.

If I put the iPod on a dumb charger stand I might be able to play through Bluetooth if I had the remote, but this has been lost. (If necessary there is always eBay.)

The iPod has wifi and Airplay as a source plus the data on memory. I have the Yamaha app on my android phone and I assume there are other options.

I am seeking help to find the best way to make the iPod work playing through the Yamaha. The Yamaha is not ususally accessible and is to work "headlessly" once I have it working. Can anybody please advise how I should proceed.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
The Yamaha has Airplay so should be dead easy to select the Yamaha for audio on the iPod. I have tested airplay to my Marantz AVR from my MacBook Vs an optical connection from the MacBook and couldn't tell a difference in SQ.

If you use Spotify the Yamaha also has Spotify direct which means you can directly select the Yamaha as the playback device within the Spotify app.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom