• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with xls files required.

Setenza

Prominent Member
I migrated a users profile from worksation to server yesterday, then rebuilt the PC and brought the profile down again. I used the bog standard expolorer interface to do this.

I checked to makesure that the profile and contents were not read-only when copied.

However, the Excel files cannot be opened by the user anymore. There seems to be a permissions issue, although to the eye, eveything seems to be correct.

If you log on to the PC as the admin, then you can access theses files. I was logged in as the administrator when I copied them.

Any ideas please. I know there's a simple solution and I've probably overlooked something obvious.

Also checked and changed the security setting withing Excel, but it's made no difference.

XoD.

nitelife

Established Member
I migrated a users profile from worksation to server yesterday, then rebuilt the PC and brought the profile down again. I used the bog standard expolorer interface to do this.

I checked to makesure that the profile and contents were not read-only when copied.

However, the Excel files cannot be opened by the user anymore. There seems to be a permissions issue, although to the eye, eveything seems to be correct.

If you log on to the PC as the admin, then you can access theses files. I was logged in as the administrator when I copied them.

Any ideas please. I know there's a simple solution and I've probably overlooked something obvious.

Also checked and changed the security setting withing Excel, but it's made no difference.

XoD.

Make sure you dont have the "inherit permissions from parent" set, its easy to miss when you're in a rush.

F1Fan72

Prominent Member
And make sure that within the ACL's , that the user has 'full control'

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom