1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with xbox connections

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Stevie S, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Stevie S

Stevie S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Getting an xbox for my son for his birthday this month, and I'm looking for a bit of advice on connections. I understand the box comes with an AV connector that has 3 phono outputs, which will plug neatly onto the sockets on the push-out flap of the Philips TV. However, I would also like an easy way to hook the box up to the plasma screen from time to time. Since my denon 3803 component inputs are taken up by DVD and sky+, I thought the next best option would be to have a lead connected to an s-video input and phono inputs (for audio signal) on the 3803, and have this dangling so the xbox can be plugged straight in when required.

But how do you deal with the xbox end of things? I imagine you can't buy a lead that has an xbox plug on one end and s-video/phono on the other? Is there an easy solution?

TIA
    Stevie

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +928
    Stevie see here for a svideo lead for the xbox

3. Stevie S

Stevie S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Stevie

The one inzaman has linked to only provides s-video out through the scart connector. The one you found does indeed have a separate s-video connector. However, I would suggest one of the leads from Dixons or similar which has both a scart connector for RGB output and an S-Video connector. That way you can use the scart to give RGB quality to the tv and the s-video lead to feed to your 3803 when required.

I think I paid about £15 for mine which is blue in colour. I think it is a Gamester or Joytech one but not 100% sure.

5. Stevie S

Stevie S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That makes sense, Messiah. Will check this out later in the week. Still got a few weeks before his birthday to get it sorted

thanks again
    Stevie

6. Stevie S

Stevie S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One more thought - using a cable like this will only give me stereo through the 3803, is that right? Is there any way of having the xbox connected with s-video AND an optical lead for the audio, rather than the stereo phonos?

Stevie

7. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +928
    Stevie on the box that the leads go into there is a socket for an optical lead that can be used to feed into the amp. I know there is definitely one on the hidef pack and i am sure i have seen this input on the svideo leads in currys or dixons etc, but again probably messiah will be able to confirm. Sorry about the earlier error i though that was purely svideo, didnt really look at the picture.

8. Stevie S

Stevie S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Inzaman. Looks like a trip to currys is needed to sort out...

best
    stevie

9. Ten

Ten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0