1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Xantech

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by brindlg, Feb 28, 2005.

1. brindlg

brindlg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently bought a Xantech 291 distribution kit but I'm having big problems keeping it going. As it cost a fraction of the price I had it sent over from the states so had to get a UK 12v power adaptor, that's the only change.

I have a problem with the setup however and wonder if you can tell me what's wrong.

All is connected corectly. The only thing I have done is to replace the USA dc power supply with a UK version (still 12v dc output).

On connecting the system up it all works fine - for a while! The ir receiver does get a bit of interference from the plasma screen (about 4ft away) but this does not affect any of the signals - it works perfectly.

However, after everything has been on for say an hour the ir receiver stops working completely. No lights, no responses at all.

Anyone had this problem? Any help on how I might resolve this would be greatly appreciated!