Help with what to replace my Sen 565's

Evaglade

Standard Member
Hi all this is my first post here :)

I have an old pair of 565's that are on their last legs and I want to replace them / upgrade to a better set if possible.
I am no audiophile, my knowledge is fairly limited, so can someone who has had the 565's or knows about them suggest which more modern Sennheizers sound closest to the 565s?

I dont even have a headphone amp- tho I guess I could spend a few hundred in the future on one if i had to- but I'd rather a pair that will sound great just plugging straight into my seperate CD player like my 565's.

I heard the 595 might be nearest match and the 598s sound brighter? Or maybe the 650's? But tho my CD player does fine for the 150? impedence 565's, I guess it wouldnt do very well with the 650s without an amp?

I've heard some grado and akg that i thought were very harsh, so I guess i like the warmer type of headphone with some bass? Thats why i want something similar by the same company since I cant go test them personaly..

On another note.. its probably hard to find 595s now i guess?

Steven

Senior Moderator
HD650 are intended for home listening via an amp and marketed accordingly. Your portable won't have the power to drive them
I've heard some grado and akg that i thought were very harsh, so I guess i like the warmer type of headphone with some bass?
Senns are tilted towards neutral territory, but not completely flat (if that existed, it would be a truly boring and pointless purchase). Budget Grados do have an acquired presentation of highs which inexplicably is not repeated in their top end stuff. You could well like warmer bass bias 'phones do as it is not uncommon to do so

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom