Help with what Speakers my 80s Pioneer amp can power

sbanks2

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hello
So i recently found my step dad's pioneer sa-570 in the loft. It seems to work but the speakers it had are pretty much destroyed as from what I've heard from him is that it was a very loud system in its day (It's from around 1986).
But i really don't know what speakers it will power as I'm useless with stuff like it. Can anyone help me with some used speakers under around £60 that it'll power. Also how am i able to connect it to my PC so i can use it for Spotify streaming?

Thanks if anyone can help
I am from the UK

30w into 8ohm - it'll power pretty much any speaker you can buy for 60 quid.

For streaming you'll need to spend more money. A chromecast audio would be the cheapest method at 20-25 quid.

For streaming, I'll be using a HP 8300 SFF PC which sits down the side of my TV and plays video, hopefully it's sufficient enough for spotify streaming.
I've looked at what i can use to power this system and it's between Mordaunt Short MS 10 speakers or Wharfedale Programme 30's.
I'd probably run 4 Mordaunt Short MS 10's off the SA-570, would that work? The Amp seems to be very loud but i read a post that the 1980's CD player i'm using was connected to the phono port and there's a difference between it and TAPE 2/CD/AUDIO which is another input it has.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom