Help with Vizio HDMI CEC auto input selection

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Bret Stott, Feb 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bret Stott

Bret Stott
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gurus,

Newbie here and hoping to find some help. I have a Vizio 55" TV with HDMI CEC functionality. It works great except for one very annoying problem -- it changes the HDMI input everytime time we turn on the TV.

I have a Sony amp on HDMI 1 (has CEC), DirecTV on HDMI2 (non CEC), and a Sony BlueRay player on HDMI3 (CEC). Typically we watch DirecTV and when we trun the TV back on, we just want it to stay on the DirecTV input. Instead, it will generally do one of two things --

1) When the TV turns on, the Sony Amp and BD player turn on. Then after a few seconds, the TV detects the BluRay player has turned on and then switches the input to HDMI 3. Or,

2) Same as above, but the TV senses the Sony Amp has turned on and switches the input to HDMI 1.

It's so annoying to always have to change the input back to where it was. I tried turning off CEC, but then I lose all of the control and no sound goes to the AMP.

Is there a way to prevent the HDMI input from being changed when I first power on the TV?

Thanks in advance,
    -Bret