Help with Viera Glass shelf

B

Bobby_Boucher

I have just had my faulty plasma swapped out,all is well apart from the viera stand has a shelf missing as well as the wheels.

Does anyone know if they can be bought?I have a funny feeling that if Panasonic do them, they will be £250 just for the shelf:(

Anyone want to sell me a spare shelf and metal bracket that go with it?

B

Bobby_Boucher

My plasma had issues for months, the shop actually swapped it out for me after the warrenty ran out, I have made contact, but have heard nothing back, I have looked at the Panasonic website, and it seems they are actually £250 just for a bit of glass, so now i wish i had taken my old shelfs off, but my tv was not quite the same, so i was unsure of fitment:(

B

Bobby_Boucher

After not getting a reply from Ian Scorgie, It looks like I will get a Stand from Ikea, as my plasma does not look right with one shelf missing, plus I actually need it as I have a DVD player,Tivo and XBox etc.

The price of £250 for one shelf is a complete rip off:(
Off to Ikea and putting this stand in the Attic:(

Member 6435

Just a quick note to say if you have tried to contact Ian by either email or PM he has been away on holiday this week and is back in the office on Monday

Regards

Alastair:hiya:

Orwella

Take your existing glass shelf to a glass shop. Ask them to make 2 strengthened shelves as similar as possible. Use them. The cost sould be around £50, but the shelves may be slightly different in colour.

B

Bobby_Boucher

It's not just the glass, there is metal support under the glass, that is also missing,so what you say is not possible

JNMaster

Bobby_Boucher said:
It's not just the glass, there is metal support under the glass, that is also missing,so what you say is not possible

That metal bar thing hindered my av gear so I had to remove one of them, it doesn’t really do anything unless your putting something very heavy on the glass, i've currently got a DVD Player, a DVD Recorder and a Center speaker on the shelf without the metal bracket in place and it holds just fine.

B

Bobby_Boucher

Want to sell the bracket then?:)
I tuck cables down it then it all looks very tidy.

JNMaster

Bobby_Boucher said:
Want to sell the bracket then?:)
I tuck cables down it then it all looks very tidy.

Uh, sure, if I can find it, I think it's in me garage, will have a look for it tomorrow and let you know. I'm about a 30min drive from Cardiff (my driving anyway) so you could collect if you want, save it getting lost in the post, well I say lost as I don't wanna get done for slander. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom