1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with VCR setup?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by robcat, Jun 7, 2001.

Tags:
  1. robcat

robcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got a JVC 6722EK video and am trying to set up the satellite controller for recording different sky channels.

The satellite decoder is the standard Grundig unit that comes with the Sky digital upgrade (got it about 9 months ago) and I have tried putting in the appropriate codes from the manual but am having no luck.

Has anyone else got a similar setup and managed to crack this problem?

Thanks for any info.

2. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi
    All digi boxes I believe run off a code of 216a ,certainly my Panasonic and Sony boxes try this.I hope this helps

3. Garvin

Garvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the JVC website the Grundig box cannot be controlled via a JVC VCR.

See link:
    http://www.jvc-europe.com/JvcCons/Gbr.html

Under support FAQs.
    I would be interested if it does work as I didn't get a JVC vcr because I have a Grundig digibox.

4. robcat

robcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it looks like JVC aren't compatible with SKY digiboxes.

Well I suppose it's expecting a lot from a £180 s-vhs VCR!

Looks like this unit will work as an "upstairs" unit and I'll get a compatible one for my main set-up.

I do however thing it's a bit cheeky of JVC to promote the VCR as "satellite control compatible" when most eople are getting digiboxes.

I guess I'm just naive!