1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with type of screen please!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Maki, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Maki

Maki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Having recently moved house, it is now clear my 28" Sony widescreen tv is no longer large enough. A room of 22'x12' requires a big screen.
    My wife will not tolerate a projector, which would be my first choice. However, that leaves us with the choice of either CRT or Plasma. I am on the verge of ordering a Sony 36FS76, having been quite impressed with it's overall performance.
    I am sure you will all say 'What about Plasma' Well we have looked at them, believe me we have looked,and if I could find one with a tv picture that nearly matched CRT I would go for it, DVD's do look great though.
    For me DVD's are the only interest but my wife insists she will not purchase something that looks as poor as Plasma for tv and I agree with her (it's easier!).
    I have been to shops where digital signals are being fed to Plasmas but I still remain unmoved. I can't help but think people are buying on looks alone and as for space saved, have you seen the size of some of the stands these things are being sold with, I refer to the glass stands for DVD's, VCR's etc.
    So before I order the Sony have any of you guys any suggestions to help me, am I being to critical of Plasma's or am I not just seeing them at their best?

And I thought buying a car was a pain!