Help with TV setup in complex room

atinker

Novice Member
Hello everyone,

I am looking to purchase the Sony A80J 77 inch but I am having a really difficult time with the TV setup in this room. Initially my thought was to mount it above the fireplace using the Future Automation mount so that it can drop down over the fireplace so that it is not so high when watching TV. However I keep hearing that TVs should not be mounted over the fireplace, and now I am worried about the heat from the fireplace. I would never have the fireplace on while the TV was dropped down. It is a real wood fire burning fireplace, not just decorative.

My next thought was to mount it on the wall across from the fireplace, maybe with the LG G1 so that it is really flush with the wall. It is a huge wall so I can also mount speakers around it. However, the problem with this wall is that it does receive direct sunlight a few hours a day, and I'm worried of burn in in case the blinds are left open on accident.

I would really appreciate any suggestions. I am new to the high end TV game and I am really excited to purchase my first OLED, I'm just worried on the layout. Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:

staffy 2

I’d put it on that back wall where the pictures are.Just close your blinds when you watch tv.I very much doubt sunlight would damage your panel as it’s not direct is it.Also you say it’s only a few hours of sunlight a day which should be ok.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom