• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help With TV / Film Program

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I remember either seeing either a TV Episode or Film that involved shapeshifting by either a device or a drink / potion and I am having a really bad time trying to figure it out.

My first thought was either Outer Limits or Twilight Zone but it was a color program and ive eliminated The New Outer Limits from the list as I found an episode similar but it wasnt the right one.

Anyone recall any program or film whatsoever that might contain what im looking for, all suggestions welcome.

brian s

Distinguished Member
There's a lot of ground to cover here. I assume that it must have been a very long time ago given the shows you've mentioned but you also think it was colour. That's confusing unless it was a film you saw rather than a TV show.

From what you say the shapeshifting was a one off for an episode or film. Would that assumption be correct? If so other clues about the plot would be helpful.

Bri

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Searched through that one, wasnt on there but thx. I know it wasnt a star trek and I dont believe it was an alien.

It was something very similar to the Skin Deep episode of TN:Outer Limits where the man could change his image to anyone he wanted male or female but in this particular program / film I believe it was due to a potion of some kind. Google searches come up with some really odd results lol.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
There's a lot of ground to cover here. I assume that it must have been a very long time ago given the shows you've mentioned but you also think it was colour. That's confusing unless it was a film you saw rather than a TV show.

From what you say the shapeshifting was a one off for an episode or film. Would that assumption be correct? If so other clues about the plot would be helpful.

Bri

Indeed there is a lot I believe the rating was 15+ since it was on at night and I know it was color program.

On your second paragraph you assumption is correct but unfortunatly my memory isnt the best I am afraid. I knew this was a long shot but hell any shot is better than no shot :rotfl:

Edit
I have Digiguide program and keep listings going back as far as 2 years and tried multiple searches through all channels even spent days doing it lol but came up dry, anyone got a time travel device I can ponse for a couple days :D

brian s

Distinguished Member
On your second paragraph you assumption is correct but unfortunatly my memory isnt the best I am afraid. I knew this was a long shot but hell any shot is better than no shot :rotfl:

I know what it's like when you can't quite remember something from years ago. You maybe remember a scene or even just a feel of it and it drives you up the pole.

I have one from a foreign TV show which I'm pretty sure was shown on the BBC during the children's slot in the 60's. It was sci fi and I think it was voiced by the same guy who did Tales From Europe. It involved two aliens visiting Earth. My memory has one of them looking like David McCallum as he would have been in The Man From Uncle. I remember one of them being asked how old are you? He answered I'm not old I'm young. I'd love to know what it was.

Bri

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Rather than just make another thread I might as well keep any further questions regarding my bad memory recall in here hehehe.

I remember seeing a show about a "Lost Island" if you will that has been cut off from the rest of the world and there was a group that was stranded there until they discovered there was a portal to get back to civilisation, I thought it might have been Dinotopia but im afraid that was a dead end.

I remember one episode where they took someone that had been living on the island all her life back to the rest of the world and she got ill and when she was taken to the hospital they was surprised to find she was compared to the rest of the population in perfect health.

Spent 2-3 hours on various sites and google last night and decided to sleep on it and im still drawing a blank ><

Gonna have to start jotting down every single program I see on TV that makes me raise an eyebrow lol

Anyone got any ideas.

Garrett

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Only ones I remeber on a lost island wer

The Fantastic Journey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherworld_(TV_series)

but cant remeber that about the girl coming back to our world.

Wasnt either of them, I know a couple of the people used the portal to show one of the locals what the city was like then she grew ill and they had to get her back and I think there was someone who went back with them with some eggs. For the life of me I am really trying to remember its really fraustrating.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom