Help With Tuning Freeview tv

tonywelly

Standard Member
Reaction score
I installed a wide band digital aerial running to a proception micro amp 8 way in the loft then ran five cables to five points around the house the kitchen tv only has analogue and this has no problem I then tried to tune tv in lounge but found no Digital Channels and analogue were very bad.Upstairs i tuned in a matsui 15'' and this found all freeview and analogue channels perfect that is the only tv i had upstairs at moment so i then tried this tv on the other points in the bedrooms all seemed to be working fine on the matsui so i took the matsui tv downstairs in the lounge connected it and all was fine perfect pictures on both analogue and digital ????? so i came to the conclusion that the tuner must have been broke on the samsung tv in lounge! I then went out and purchased a new tv and tried to tune new samsung white 32 lcd tv into my bedroom point which i checked with matsui tv but again the new tv will not tune any programs digital or analogue i then tried this in the third bedroom to no success!!!!!!

Does anyone know why the TVs will not tune but if TV is already tuned everything works fine?
Really Baffling me can not figure this out ???? i NEED HELP???

I installed a wide band digital aerial running to a proception micro amp 8 way in the loft then ran five cables to five points around the house the kitchen tv only has analogue and this has no problem I then tried to tune tv in lounge but found no Digital Channels and analogue were very bad.Upstairs i tuned in a matsui 15'' and this found all freeview and analogue channels perfect that is the only tv i had upstairs at moment so i then tried this tv on the other points in the bedrooms all seemed to be working fine on the matsui so i took the matsui tv downstairs in the lounge connected it and all was fine perfect pictures on both analogue and digital ????? so i came to the conclusion that the tuner must have been broke on the samsung tv in lounge! I then went out and purchased a new tv and tried to tune new samsung white 32 lcd tv into my bedroom point which i checked with matsui tv but again the new tv will not tune any programs digital or analogue i then tried this in the third bedroom to no success!!!!!!

Does anyone know why the TVs will not tune but if TV is already tuned everything works fine?
Really Baffling me can not figure this out ???? i NEED HELP???

have you thought about buying 3 more 15" matsui's?

not really the point !!! got more samsungs to install when the house move finally goes through just think its really strange

not really the point !!! got more samsungs to install when the house move finally goes through just think its really strange

strange it is... i've came across tv's that pick up a certain amount of channels against another in a given room, but i've never seen one not get any in one when another has and then for the weaker tv to work elsewhere:confused:

I know im tuning the tvs correctly tried all ways 1. First time install 2. automatic search 3. and a manual search just baffling me why the samsung tvs wont tune in There is no power in loft so using a remote amp this only gives out a gain of 3db per output but as pontop pike is only 10 miles away this should be enough
think i'm gonna try and disconnect amp and just run each one direct and tune them all separately berfore putting the amp back on !! ANY IDEAS GREATLY RECEIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bet's a faulty connection somewhere between the amp and the downstairs TV. If you are using el cheapo coax patch leads try a decent piece of coax.

You stated that the 15" Matsui works OK on the downstairs aerial connection receiving both analogue and digital channels.

Did you use the same connection flylead to this TV as the one connected to the Samsung in the lounge?

Don't have any Samsung TV's here so unsure as to how they originally setup. Do you have to manually select Digital tuning before attempting to tune for an initial install. It's hardly likely that two separate Samsung TV's will each have a bad or poor tuner.

A cheap freeview STB makes an ideal tester for freeview reception problems. Easier than lugging a 32" TV upstairs and downstairs. If the Box receives a signal and the TV doesn't suspect the TV. If neither box or TV receives a signal suspect the aerial/connections.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom