Help with transponder frequencies?

Maxion

Standard Member
Hey!

I've got a bit of a conundrum. I'm not that familiar with satellite systems and have recently been asked to try to get a marine satellite tv system to work.

It's a motorized quad-band LNB dish that can track satellites as well as compensate for the movement of the vessel.

The problem I have is the client wants to view channels from the Astra 4E satellite. To get that working I need to manually enter the settings for the satellite.

To enter a satellite into the system I need to enter four frequencies, Vertical high & low band and Horizontal high & low band.

The satellite tv provider isn't used to marine systems at all and could only help by specifying the Ku band as well as say that they operate on the 12054 mHz frequency. This is a bit odd as they provide many more channels than what that transponder can send, looking at kingofsat the operator send channels on pretty much every transponder on the satellite making it difficult to know which frequencies to choose.

Anyone able to give some advice?

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Astra 4A has a 12054 TP with all encrypted channels, but free Planeta on 11919 should be easy to find.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom