• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help with transferring songs please?

rasta9997

Standard Member
Hello, my laptop recently broke, and I am getting a new Macbook next week. My laptop is still accessible by a TV as the screen has gone. What is the best way to change my 1200 songs over to the Mac with ease? Thanks.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Hello, my laptop recently broke, and I am getting a new Macbook next week. My laptop is still accessible by a TV as the screen has gone. What is the best way to change my 1200 songs over to the Mac with ease? Thanks.

That will be fine, when you get your new mac and your fire it up for the first time, it will offer to transfer files from another mac. I think you simply need to hook it up via firewire or even USB cable

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Just to clarify, is your old laptop a mac? as the above would only apply if it were

dc8900

Distinguished Member
No it is not a mac, sorry for not being specific

If it's a Windows/Linux, I'm pretty sure, you can either firewire it, or just simply put onto an external hdd (would not take long) and then put onto the mac. I have a freecom 1TB external hdd, and I did when transfering literally hundreds of GB worth of stuff

So 1200 songs, that's like what, 6GB? would be relatively quick

dc8900

Distinguished Member
should add, if do that and when you open up itunes for the first time, it will ask to find media and then will add to the library for you :smashin:

nj118

Standard Member
A high capacity flash pen drive (eg 6 - 8GB ) would also do the job if you dont have an external hdd, should take less than 2hours, hour and a half mabye.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom