Help with Toshiba Setup

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by EmmGee, Jun 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. EmmGee

EmmGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My father ordered a Toshiba Regza 32AV615DB from Amazon last week. It arrived yesterday and I set it up for him - all went swimmingly apart from these two pretty minor annoyances.

1. If the TV is in Freeview (or any other) mode, pressing "TV" and then the Sky button on his Sky+ remote doesn't automatically switch the TV to the Sky feed - I thought this was a standard feature and certainly used to work with his old telly.

2. As well as Freeview, the TV also has an analogue tuner but there doesn't seem to be any way to access the analogue channels. Why would he want to do this, I hear you ask - well, he has an almost Rain Man-like memory for certain Ceefax pages.....I know, sad isn't it?

Can anyone help on either of these? Thanks in advance.

2. Fatwaz

Fatwaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm don't know this model but is the sky box plugged into a scart socket and is it in av1?this is normally the main socket and will switch the tv to that input when you press the sky button.you shouldn't have to change the sky box settings if you are just changing the tv.

as for analogue tv i presume you have tuned them in at set up?there should be a button on the remote that lets you switch from DTV(digital freeview),ATV(analogue) and other inputs but im afraid off hand i cant remember what it is on my mums toshiba

3. Oompa Lumpa

Oompa Lumpa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The analogue channels are probably in the 900+ channel range.