1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Toshiba 32z44 dark / dim RGB problem ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by clunesy, Mar 6, 2005.

1. clunesy

clunesy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys - I've had a flick through, and what I've found isn't encouraging. It seems, that if you have the dark / dim RGB problem you need to get a different telly.

Just installed my parents brand-new 32Z44 yesterday. All went swimmingly though the 2nd Bridget Jones movie (well apart from the acting, directing and script - but that's outside the scope of this post). Now the set just randomly clamps the picture to almost black, but only on the EXT1 scart when fed with RGB. The infuriating thing is - it doesn't do it all the time.

The EXT1 scart is fed with the RGB out of a Di4000-T Pace cable box (Telewest). The RGB out of the LG DVD 4950 is in turn fed into the input of the cable box.

As I say its RGB only, and so intermittent, but since the watching of a full DVD it does now happen within a few minutes. Its strange as you can see the set clamping the picture - the level just suddenly drops to nothing - even when you're not touching any buttons / cables.

I'd thought it might be the DVD as I'd seen the problem with this same player on an old Sharp TV, when the DVD was bought. But the DVD had never been hooked up long term on RGB.

Since yesterday, I'm assured the problem happens when the cable box is connected alone. So I'm really stumped.

Do I hope that its just a D-O-A TV, and get a replacement ? Or do people think it will happen just the same on the next one.

I've never had a problem with my SONY KV32WF1U with SONY Sky box, and LG DVD.

Hope someone out there understands this stuff and can help !! :lease:

best regards

Clunesy

2. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    One of the TV's I have is this same model, I had an LG DVD player hooked up to it via the RGB SCART and had no such problem (though the DVD Player was composite only).

Recently switched to a Sagem FreeView box being attached to the RGB SCART, had no problem at all as you describe with either inputs and many hours of veiwing.

I think it is a case of doa, sorry....

ALI