Help with Tosh ET1 setup

• Thread starter Deleted member 63670
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 63670

I'm thinking of getting one of these for my first pj, all I want is to watch a few movies on a big screen and I know it's a cheap pj but should do me for what I want. Now, due to the shape of my living room I was thinking of mounting a pulldown screen on the ceiling so it pulls down in front of the plasma, i will when needed have the pj sat about 2m away on a stand about 60/70 cm high. It will have to point upwards slightly as the screen will be about a foot or two higher.

Questions are, what size image should I expect/get from this distance from the screen? and would it pointing upward at a bit of an angle towards the screen give me probs.

Any answers tonight would be good as i'll probly order it later on if all is well.

Cheers

I got one last week, its fantasic, but I have no comparison. The manual says at 2 m you're looking at an 80" screen 1 m high x 1.77 m wide but you can scale down to 80% which i have to at about 2.6 m projecting onto an Ikea blackout blind (£20) which is 2 m wide and 1.9 m high giving me a 16:9 screen about 100" wide. The projector has good keystone control so tilitng up wont be a problem. I would however say, dont put it behind you, the fan pumps out a furious heat. How much are you getting it for? I paid £360 for mine on clearance from PC world.

Thanks for the info. Just ordered it for 376 and a dalite 70 inch screen, hopefully it wont be noisy as i'll have it sat in front of me on a small stand.

The sound system will drown it out anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once you get used to it you wont notice it, I currently have it rigged about waist height 3 ft ish on a table/box combo, I suppose a bar stool from ikea will do the trick.

any idera how to easliy connect a dvd to it, as my dvd etc are under the plasma and hence the screen will pull down in front of the plasma, the pj will be quite a way away from the dvd. Is it just a case of a bloody long scart lead?

I might eventually ceiling mount it, how are these for mounting up there?

dunno about mounting. as for connecting, I bought a 10m component lead off ebay for a tenner, seems good enough quality, got a 10m scart there too that was 8 quid, both have gold connects and do their job well.

emporer said:
any idera how to easliy connect a dvd to it, as my dvd etc are under the plasma and hence the screen will pull down in front of the plasma, the pj will be quite a way away from the dvd. Is it just a case of a bloody long scart lead?

I might eventually ceiling mount it, how are these for mounting up there?

Hi,

I have had the Tosh ET1 ceiling mounted now for 4 months and love it and it is very easy to install to the ceiling. Check out the thread called FAO Toshiba ET1 Owners as I have listed some pics of mine mounted to the ceiling and in action. Ceiling installation is very easy to do it with a universal bracket from Ebay for £20.00. You will probably need to lift the boards in the room above to get a good fixing for the screen depending on where you joists are in relation to your screen so whilst they are up laying some cables in the ceiling is very easy to do and plumb into the DVD player depending on what your player is and what connectivity it has.

If I had a long cable running on the floor it would only be a matter of time before I tripped over it and yanked the PJ off the table, etc!!!! :suicide:

Let me know if you want any more info if you decide to go down the ceiling route.

Thanks for all the great help folks. I'm gong to check out the owners thread in a bit. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom