help with tosh 220 and component video

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jasonjames, Sep 4, 2002.

1. jasonjames

jasonjames
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i bought a tosh 220 from empire direct and it wasn`t multi region so i sent it off to be chipped...when i got it back it was multi region but i couldn`t get a picture thru component.. i asked the guy that chipped it and he didn`t have a clue .. so my unlce wanted a dvd player and doesn`t need component so i sold him my one and bought another tosh 220 but from somewhere that does the multi region already(unbeatable.co.uk) when my new dvd arrived i plugged it in and still no componnet output..its definatley not my tv or leads as i have tested with other component sources...i also rang richer sounds and they said the company they use to multi region their players (tri something)have confirmed that the way they chip them doesn`t disable the component output …so I went up there and tried it it in the shop…the man tried for 30 mins to get a component picture up but no joy i guess the multi region upgrade knocks out the component video somehow??

please help

thanks

jason

2. bjd

bjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Maybe you've tried this, but make sure the DVD is set to Video or Svideo output. If they set it to RGB, which they may have doen when chipping it, then you won't get a picture through component. Run a scart from the dvd to the TV to see if you get a picture and if you do, change the video setting from RGB to Video or SVideo

3. jasonjames

jasonjames
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thx ...you`ve sussed it 4 me

thx again :blush: i fell stupid now