Help with TomTom6 + Solar Bluetooth GPS receiver

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by junior78, Sep 18, 2007.

1. junior78

junior78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have got a XDA exec with Tomtom6 and a Solar Bluetooth GPS receiver...I am able to pair the device with my PDA and am also able to configure and define incoming and outgoing ports...COM 8 for incoming and COM 4 for outgoing....when I try and go to my tomtom software the only option which I get is to select the GPS type, in order to configure the device....and after selecting it keeps connecting to GPS device and nothing happens....I have even tried with Incoming (COM4) and Outgoing (COM8) and even with COM0 settings for COM ports within XDA, but to my bad luck I am not able to connect to the GPS device....can someone kindly help me with the above please
    Thanks

2. droopsnoot

droopsnoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As I recall it, you need to set the TomTom to use "other wired GPS receiver", set it to use the outgoing COM port, and that should be it.

3. rickyt

rickyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    I just got my new 44 channel Holox gps BT reciever on Saturday and configured it to my Ubiquio running TT6 .Paired them together , input port , outgoing port & configured the settings within TT for the BT device and boud speed .It only took a few minutes .As long as your paired up with the BT ,you should alter the settings from within TT as droopsnoot has suggested.

4. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,517
    On the XDA i believe you need to configure the bluetooth GPS unit to a serial port.

Otherwise, I'm sure TomTom helpdesk will be pleased to help.

Polite mod notice; I have deleted the duplicate thread in Mobiles/PDAs - don't cross-forum post please.