1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with TMPGenc

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dood, Jul 5, 2002.

1. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Not having much luck! I want to improve the quality of my VCDs made from DV footage. I have downloaded the latest version of TMPGEnc. However, when specifying start or end position my PC hangs. This has happened on my work and home PCs! Another problem I've encountered is that if I don't specify start or end positions (to overcome the hanging probem) I get an error message - something like "problem with P3P.dll"

I'm not very computer savvy but I guess it means that my PC or software are not up to the job. What's the problem.

I have a P4, 1.6Ghz, 256 Ram, 40Gig HDD, Windows Me.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I'm sorry, but this isn't something I've ever seen with TMPGenc. FWIW, I don't normally use the start and end point settings because I've usually fully edited the video before I use TMPGenc to encode it.

In general it is a pretty reliable and stable package. Have you tried seeing if it conflicts with something else you have running? (eg: Ctrl+Alt+Del, and then, one by one. "End Task" on everything that is running, except Explorer?).