Help with this system?

MetalNigel

Hi,thanks for viewing this thread.Im not technically minded when it comes to 5.1 systems but i do know that for true 5.1 gaming you need an optical input.This Sony DAVT-Z230 5.1 system doesnt have an optical input but im in a position where i can get this new for £80 so was wondering can i get any decent connectivity with my ps3 when it comes to this sytem?

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hcs-surround-kit---dvd-player/dav-tz230

Thanks to anyone that helps :thumbsup:

Last edited:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
With a PS3 you get the best sound via the HDMI cable so no need to connect via optical. However the Sony system you linked too does not appear to have any audio inputs so no way to connect it to your PS3. You really need to spend more and get a proper AV reciever.

MetalNigel

With a PS3 you get the best sound via the HDMI cable so no need to connect via optical. However the Sony system you linked too does not appear to have any audio inputs so no way to connect it to your PS3. You really need to spend more and get a proper AV reciever.

Really wish i was in a position to spend proper money on a system but unfortunately i can't :(

Thanks for your help anyway

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom