Help with the wiring of YSP5600 soundbar

dennis1

Established Member
Reaction score
Have I wired this right. I have my PS4, Sky Q and UHD Player connected to a UHD switching box, then the one HDMI to the HDCP Input on TV. From there I have connected the sound bar via the ARC input. My question is, do I also need to connect the Optical from TV to sound bar, or is the ARC good enough. TIA.

Den

ARC does the audio, but youll be limited to compressed DD. Best to hook up the UHD player using the second output (if it has one) directly to the soundbar

On a separate note, does your speaker grille go inwards in the middle at the top of the sound bar? cant tell if i've dented it when moving it or if its always been like that

ARC does the audio, but youll be limited to compressed DD. Best to hook up the UHD player using the second output (if it has one) directly to the soundbar

On a separate note, does your speaker grille go inwards in the middle at the top of the sound bar? cant tell if i've dented it when moving it or if its always been like that

When you say hook up the UHD player, do you mean via HDMI or optical?
Just looked at my sound bar and yes it does slightly go in on the top middle, never noticed myself till you said, lol.

Use hdmi , it’s the only way you’ll get atmos , the player should have two outputs

Good to know , I’ve had it for 2 years and only just picked up on it

Use hdmi , it’s the only way you’ll get atmos , the player should have two outputs

Good to know , I’ve had it for 2 years and only just picked up on it
;)

Let me get this straight, I leave the a/v hdmi in the switching box and use the audio only hdmi on the back of the player, to plug into sound bar. If I have got this correct which hdmi do I use on the sound bar. Sorry for all the questions, but I've had it a year and so far, not all that impressed, unless of course i'ts been wired wrong all this time.

Let me get this straight, I leave the a/v hdmi in the switching box and use the audio only hdmi on the back of the player, to plug into sound bar. If I have got this correct which hdmi do I use on the sound bar. Sorry for all the questions, but I've had it a year and so far, not all that impressed, unless of course i'ts been wired wrong all this time.

Yeah that’s exactly what you do, normally the sound bar for arc will be set to tv/arc

When you want to use the UHD player switch it to whichever hdmi port you’ve used on the sound bar. Set it to surround for 5.1 movies or 3D surround for atmos movies

Arc is nice and simple but limited . Have you run the calibration with the mic? It can sound amazing but really depends on the room layout and placement

Have run the calibration with set up mic a few times, always seems to finish with the channels on the quiet side and have to crank the volume up to get a decent sound, have also turned up the channel sound via the remote. Will give it a go with the lead from player to sound bar to see how it sounds.;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom