help with the setup of a Pioneer 505

D

Davyburns

Anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
All the blurb says the 505 comes with a freeview decoder, but all I can get are the terrestrial channels, even though I get freeview elswhere in the house. the manual doesn't even mention it.
Thanks in advance
Davy

Davyburns said:
Anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
All the blurb says the 505 comes with a freeview decoder, but all I can get are the terrestrial channels, even though I get freeview elswhere in the house. the manual doesn't even mention it.
Thanks in advance
Davy

if it's an xde then you can, have you plugged the ariel into the correct socket. There are 2 one for digital and one for analogue. I can only get digital I spose you have to daisy chain the rf through sky or dvd etc then back to analogue to get both. Have only set mine up with the basics as my dav-lf1 has arrived today and will have to unwire the lot then setup fully

ps where in NE ru? i'm near So Shields

like ikon66 mentioned, if you plug the ariel into the digital antenna input instead of the analogue it's probably in at the moment that should fix it, but..... you can actually get both analogue and digital signals using just the pio media box, you just need to connect your ariel to the digital antenna in socket then hook the digital antenna out on the back of the media box into the analogue antenna input to the left of it.

Page 20 of the manual should tell you everything you need to know :)

ikon66 said:
ps where in NE ru? i'm near So Shields
#

I am in Gateshead, my offices are on sunderland road in Felling, but I live in Wrekenton.

Thanks for the info,
everything is fine now, except, it would be nice to have a digi channel that had the same effect as the RF in analogue, Ie, so I can have a channel number i can i can se my other AV gear.
Davy
:clap:

Davyburns said:
#

everything is fine now, except, it would be nice to have a digi channel that had the same effect as the RF in analogue, Ie, so I can have a channel number i can i can se my other AV gear.
Davy
:clap:

wouldn't use RF at all, try to connect all other gear using component, hdmi or scart etc to your 4 inputs, much better PQ

Cheers

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom