1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with the name of a film

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by ferris57, Jan 11, 2004.

1. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There are a couple (I think) that are drving along a deserted road and run out of fuel. They noticed a house a little back had it's lights on. So like the urban legends walk back to ask for help.

They climb in a window and look around and I seem to remember that they see some spooky stuff. Not sure, anyway it ends with a scene where one of them is hiding in a room behind a door with a sword taken from a suit of armour, the camera view shows you what is round the door way and it turns out to be a room full of people waiting to give the guy/girl a surprise birthday party.

Someone with a cake and candles goes to walk through the doorway to say surprise but at that moment the person hiding behind the door swings the sword round the doorway. Just before the sword decapitates the cake bringer the sword swinger sees the person holding the cake and the surprise party behind them. Nothing they can do though and person is decapitated.

Now I also think this was part of a short stories type movie like tales of terror but can't be sure.

Pleeeeease help, it's driving me up the wall!!!!

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    Just can’t remember the name of the film but this may help someone else. It was a series of short stories in the premise of students being taught by a teacher on something like the subject of fear.

Spoiler
    In your story I think one of the two enters the room, the door shuts, then opens for her to see her boyfriend have his head cut of by a grotesque looking person with some sheers. The door shuts again. As you say she gets a sword, then the door opens again and it is there again with the sheers. Actually it is the back of one of her mates and has a mechanism on her back and a false face, the frightened girl swings the sword just as her mate is turning round to revel it was all one big set up, but too late.
    :eek:

3. sc1977

sc1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i remember this dont they end up burning the teacher alive and do some girs get chased by some dogs after breaking down on their way to a prom or something?

is this ringing any bells

tales from the crypt maybe?

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    Thats right but not from Tales of the Crypt. I saw I about the same time of April Fools Day.

5. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Garrett, that's deffinately the one.

Can't be positive thats the same film but it's deff ringing a bell.

I thought it was tales from the crypt as well but none of the storylines for any of the movies on imdb matches. Same sort of film though. the other one thats like it has cowboys sitting round a camp fire telling ghost stories. Can't remember what that ones called either :rolleyes:

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    I can assure you it definitely is not Tales From The Crypt

As to the cowboy one got that one right away its called 'Grim Prairie Tales' SPOILER
    Remember the bloke getting sucked inside that woman, and an other the bloke getting buried alive in the Indian burial grounds.
    :eek:

7. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15

Oh I remember that, well, laughing at it anyway. Especially the first scene you mention in the spoiler :eek:

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    It’s just come to me ferris57 the name of that film it is called After Midnight.;)

9. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You're a star Garrett :clap: Thats been bugging me for about a year!

Looks like there's no dvd release for either of them :( mind you that's not really suprising given that I'm probably the only person in the country who would want them ;)

Cheers Guys :)

10. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Gotta be worth it if Marg is in it though :)