Help with the Marantz SR7011 please

Geonet

Standard Member
Hi all.

I wonder if anyone can help me with this issue. I have an Oppo UDP-205 connected to my Marantz amp via HDMI for the picture and 7.1 channel analog inputs for the sound. This is great for watching Blu-ray, and it gives me the multi channel that I need. What I want to do is use the Oppo to listen to music too, but in dual channel stereo using the Sabre DAC's in the Oppo. I have connected the Oppo to the amp using RCA connectors to the CD input, but I cannot set the Input selector on the Marantz to allow me to see a picture on my TV, which I need to use the menu on the Oppo to select what music I want to listen too. I can't seem to use the same HDMI input (input 3) for two different sources !!! The only way I can see to get around this is to buy a HDMI splitter, to convert one HDMI signal into two, and have one going to the Blu-ray input, and the other going say the DVD input, as there is no HDMI input for the CD. I used to be able to share one source on my 12 year old Pioneer amp, so it puzzles me as to why I can't do it on the Marantz. The Oppo does have 2 Monitor outputs on it but the second one is audio only so I can't do it that way.

Sorry for such a long winded post, but it's been bugging me for ages !!!!

dante01

Distinguished Member
by default 2021-11-25 at 14.48.27.png

The above will allow you to show video sourced via a select HDMI source while playing audio access via one of the AV receiver's audio only sources.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom