Help with surrounds ???

DodgeTheViper

Reaction score
Hi,

I have M&K K-7's across the front and K-4's at the sides, driven by a Denon 3802. One of my sofa's is about 2 feet from the rear wall and, i am now thinking of adding extra rear surrounds.
The K-4's are about a foot or so above ear level. But due to asthetics etc, the extra surrounds would need to be higher up the wall. Budget , around £100 or so. I have been contemplating Mission 77ds !
Any suggestions are most welcomed.

Cheers
Kev

I know that it's considered to be heresy but I have M&K at the front and Mission M7DS high up on the side walls but I only run 5.1 due to space constraints at the rear.

I am not sure about mixing two completely different kinds of speaker as rears through.

Uncle Eric suggested in ceiling speakers as a way around my problem but it's too much hassle.

Hi mozzer,

Another K4 or another pair of K4 will be ideal for surround back.
How much is a K4 in UK?

BTW, can I borrow your thread for a while?

Please see the attached picture.

Q: If I move the right surround to the position marked as grey, will it distroy the sound field? On my receiver there's a speaker delay setting. But it assume the distance from left/right surround is same to your listening position.

BTW2, Got my K7+K4+CHT-15+Fifth Element Superbit played together yesterday. WOOOOOOW, :D Thanks for your suggestion again.

BTW3
Do you think CHT-15 is a little bit muddy while playing music?

Thanks,
CP

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 286
Originally posted by coolposter
Hi mozzer,
BTW3
Do you think CHT-15 is a little bit muddy while playing music?
Thanks,
CP
No, not at all.
In fact with some music, i only know it's there, when i switch it off!!!
I guess it must be set up pretty much OK!

Cheers
Kev

P.S. A pair of K-4's, if i remember, would cost around £500 UK pounds. That's around $750 US Dollars............:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by coolposter

Q: If I move the right surround to the position marked as grey, will it distroy the sound field? On my receiver there's a speaker delay setting. But it assume the distance from left/right surround is same to your listening position.

You should be ok moving it, the speaker delays will compensate for it. I have my right surround further away than the left and it sounds perfectly ok.:)

P.S The CHT15 definitely doesn´t sound muddy for music.;)

Thought about using a pair of K5's instead, cheaper and shouldn't be detrimental to your sound.

Thanks for that Retro. Stupid me didn't think of them.......:rolleyes:

Might pop a thread in the classy ads now.........for a white pair!

Cheers
Kev

Hi Kev,

How you doing with your Velodyne?....Have you put extra blue tac under your pictures :D .

I love the K9 BTW it suits me fine in my room. It adds so much more to the overall sound and it was just what I needed.

I will only upgrade the sub if I move to a house with a much larger lounge.

I am sure that the K5's would work well in your room too and it would save you a little cash over the K4.

Take care mate

Paul

Hi Paul,

Glad you like the K-9. It is a good sub.
The Velo. CHT-15 is great, no matter what i do , i still cant stop 1 door from rattling.........:D
Might take it off............:)
It's output is very clean, and yes it is a big beast...........:eek:
Your very welcome to a demo.

The k-5's are probably my best option.

How are you doing with the gorgeous 433 mxe ?

Cheers
Kev

Hi Kev,

I might take you up on that demo in the new year. Should give your sub plenty of time to warm up.;)

Yes I think the k5's are around £100 each or something? give em a go.

The MXE is a stunning peice of kit and I am feeding it a poor quality signal really (s-video from my pc over a 10metre cable!!!. I know!) Picture is still great though so it can only get better eh!

DVD looks coool....It really shines compared to my old rear proj set.

I will have to save up to get a good quality prog scan dvd player now in order to do the display justice. It was a lot of cash but It will get a lot of use and enjoyment.

You are welcome to come over and have a looksy any time Kev.

Take care

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom