help with surround sound

Ther

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have few questions for my setup.
I have installed audiocables for 7.1 surround sound in my new home. But due to the layout of the living room, the surround speakers on the sides arent placed correctly.
The size of the living room is 8 metres by 5 metres. Thats 26ft by 16ft. The red squares in the picture are cables installed for speakers at about 5ft high.
The ceiling is 2m50 high so about 8ft. The adjacant space is dinnertable and kitchen and is completely open, 7m by 5 meters or 22feet by 16 feet.

What kind of speakers would be best to use for side surrounds and rear surrounds. Dipole or bipole or something else??

i prefer not to move the couch forward since im projecting my image on the wall where fronts, sub and center are located. Couch is located at about 15 feet, 4m50 from projected wall. The rear surrounds at about 11,5 feet, 3m50 from couch. The side surrounds about 8feet, 2m50 from couch. The cables for all surrounds are located at a little more the 4feet, 1m25 height in the wall. I can use stands or wall mount for the surrounds

Attachments

• lliving.jpg
    lliving.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 85
Personally I would stick to 5.1 instead of having the surrounds in front like that. If you can not place the speakers in the correct places then it is often better to not have them at all. Sometimes less is more.

Hey all,

I have few questions for my setup.
I have installed audiocables for 7.1 surround sound in my new home. But due to the layout of the living room, the surround speakers on the sides arent placed correctly.
The size of the living room is 8 metres by 5 metres. Thats 26ft by 16ft. The red squares in the picture are cables installed for speakers at about 5ft high.
The ceiling is 2m50 high so about 8ft. The adjacant space is dinnertable and kitchen and is completely open, 7m by 5 meters or 22feet by 16 feet.

What kind of speakers would be best to use for side surrounds and rear surrounds. Dipole or bipole or something else??

i prefer not to move the couch forward since im projecting my image on the wall where fronts, sub and center are located. Couch is located at about 15 feet, 4m50 from projected wall. The rear surrounds at about 11,5 feet, 3m50 from couch. The side surrounds about 8feet, 2m50 from couch. The cables for all surrounds are located at a little more the 4feet, 1m25 height in the wall. I can use stands or wall mount for the surrounds

The surrounds are completely wrong. Place the SR and SL behing the couch but in front of the surround backs, in front of the main F and R. Move the surround backs closer together if possible.

http://www.thx.com/files/2009/12/7-1-speaker-setup-400x300.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom