Help with Sub Set Up

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
I'm hoping someone in here can help with my Sub set up so that I know I'm getting the most out of it.
I've taken photos of the back of my sub and the Speaker Configuration from my Receiver.

I guess I'm a little underwhelmed by the overall sound from my system and whilst I appreciate its at the budget end I'd at least like to know that I'm getting the most out of it.
20220118_170031.jpg
20220118_170238.jpg

So should I be changing any of these settings?

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Drop the woofer setting on the avr down to 80Hz to start with and see what happens. This is the normal place.

Your main speakers should be fine with it at that level

If you want to boost your stereo sound, then hook up the high level cable to the amp. Do consult the manual, but once done correctly, those MS-902's should sound more like floorstands when watching/listening to stereo

The other thing I've noticed is it doesn't look like the ideal placement for it as it looks like it's enclosed

DavidT

I'm hoping someone in here can help with my Sub set up so that I know I'm getting the most out of it.
I've taken photos of the back of my sub and the Speaker Configuration from my Receiver.

I guess I'm a little underwhelmed by the overall sound from my system and whilst I appreciate its at the budget end I'd at least like to know that I'm getting the most out of it.
View attachment 1640308View attachment 1640309

So should I be changing any of these settings?
Plug the sub cable into the right (mono) socket on the sub and try the AVR crossover on 100Hz.

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Drop the woofer setting on the avr down to 80Hz to start with and see what happens. This is the normal place.

Your main speakers should be fine with it at that level

If you want to boost your stereo sound, then hook up the high level cable to the amp. Do consult the manual, but once done correctly, those MS-902's should sound more like floorstands when watching/listening to stereo

The other thing I've noticed is it doesn't look like the ideal placement for it as it looks like it's enclosed
There isn't really anywhere else I can put the sub. I did have it on the right hand side but the door opens inwards and every time someone would enter the room they'd bash the sub so I moved it to where it is now. It is about 3 inches away from the side of the wall and about 6 inches from the back of the wall.
20211014_112910.jpg

I've no idea what the High Level cable is and didn't know I'd need one to get the sub working when listening to music but i'll check that out.
I'll also drop the AVR down to 80hz and see how it sounds.
thanks so far

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Plug the sub cable into the right (mono) socket on the sub and try the AVR crossover on 100Hz.
Oh really? what difference should that make?

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
There isn't really anywhere else I can put the sub. I did have it on the right hand side but the door opens inwards and every time someone would enter the room they'd bash the sub so I moved it to where it is now. It is about 3 inches away from the side of the wall and about 6 inches from the back of the wall.View attachment 1640320

I've no idea what the High Level cable is and didn't know I'd need one to get the sub working when listening to music but i'll check that out.
I'll also drop the AVR down to 80hz and see how it sounds.
thanks so far
it will be fine there, the photo made it look like it was enclosed

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
As we don't sell, BK the LFE input is usually the left RCA line-in, but as they have the commented (mono), I'd try it. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a connecting link which brings both signals together as the woofer is a mono

DavidT

Oh really? what difference should that make?

You can connect a stereo or a mono preout to the sub, the Gemini user manual states that for mono connections use the right (mono) socket (page 4).

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Raise the speakers either use stands or desk stands

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Ok AVR crossover is now 100Hz and I've swapped the sub connection to the right hand side (mono).
I'll try that out later.
Thank you so far all

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom