Question Help with sub connection!

davidro77

Standard Member
Hi, I have bought a PV1 second hand with the aim of eventually creating a 5.1 system.

For now I want to try it out with my existing 2 channel set up.

I have a Rotel RA-02 amp with two sets of speaker outputs, but I am using the second set for outdoor speakers on the patio.

I notice the amp has pre-outs. I am hoping I can use these to power the sub, but all the sub cables seem to either be 1 RCA to 1 RCA or 1 RCA to 2 RCA i.e. 2 RCA at the sub end.

Can I use a 'Y' cable 1 RCA to 2 RCA with the 2 RCA at my amp end for the pre outs and the 1 RCA going into the PV1?

Or must I use the 'speaker level' input instead (which I assume would give me an issue with current connections, unless I run two speaker cables from the primary amp outputs?

Any help appreciated!

thanks

David

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

Jamie

Distinguished Member
If you use the speaker level connection you'd connect it to the same terminals as your main speakers, no need at all to use the speaker B terminals for this.

A high level input on a sub has a very high impedance so it won't cause a problem with your amp or speakers.

I believe the PV1 had a specific supplied cable for this, hopefully it was supplied by the previous owner.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom