help with streaming spotify

Siy

Standard Member
I wonder if anyone could help?

I have a system made up of a Naim server which holds all of my music, and digilinx/netstreams throughout the house.

I now see the benefit of being able to use something like spotify, and wonder how (or if) I can integrate that into my system. Doesnt have to be spotify (there are others arent there - but seems the best?)

I would ideally like to be able to control it from my iphone/ipad.

Would really appreciate any help...

Thanks

simon

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the Forum.

Unless and until Naim strike a formal deal with Spotify to integrate, your options are more workarounds.

1) Subscribe to Spotify on the iPhone, drop that into a dock and feed the S/PDIF or analogue into the Naim
2) Subscribe to Spotify and stream to your PC, then install s/w which makes a virtual soundcard appear as a UPnP server to the Naim. There's a post on the forum from a chap trying this.

Siy

Standard Member
Thanks - will look at this - thought the answer may not be so simple. Also I am not a newbie, but have not been on the site for a while - seems like I lost all my posts though - nevermind...

only issue with 1) above is that means that the ipod will have to be in a dock, as opposed to wirelessly controlling it from around the house.

Cabd

Not precisely what you're after, but it may be of interest.

I'm sitting in my living room with spotify running from this PC, and I'm sending to my stereo (Teac Reference 600) as an internet radio station. It'll only work on one device at a time, so if I try to listen to it upstairs on the other stereo at the same time (another Teac, Reference 350) then it'll not work.

I found the instructions to do it here:
STREAM SPOTIFY AND iTUNES TO YOUR INTERNET RADIO OR WIRELESS DEVICE

Note that unless you can then get your iphone to tell your computer what to do with spotify, it isn't the answer you want. But this will work with any stereo system capable of doing internet radio (and for my money, thats such a good thing to have that I think it'll be the standard in a couple of years time).

Siy

Standard Member
Thanks for that... Coincidentally, I have just forund an app called remoteless for iphone, which allows an iphone to wirelessly control spotify running on a pc.

Then I believe I just need to buy one piece of digilinx kit which will allow the pc output to distribute throughout the house.

Not sure yet - but will update shortly.

Thanks

INXS

Hey guys, I have a slightly different issue (I think)

I've got Spotify on my PC and love it, but I'd like to route into one of the AUX inmputs on my amp (details below).

I can't imagine the headphone output (that currently runs the 2.1 speakers from my PC) would be particularly compatible as a direct (phono) input ... so is there a workaround of some sort?

Thanks in advance.

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
>I can't imagine the headphone output (that currently runs the 2.1 speakers from my PC) would be particularly compatible as a direct (phono) input<

Not ideal but no worse than connecting an mp3 player this way. I'd try a 3.5mm to RCA cable, set the PC volume to zero and then gradually increase to get the level matched to the Receiver's other inputs.

Alternatively pick up a soundcard with S/PDIF output and hook that to the Receiver.

kit1cat

Hey guys, I have a slightly different issue (I think)

I've got Spotify on my PC and love it, but I'd like to route into one of the AUX inmputs on my amp (details below).

I can't imagine the headphone output (that currently runs the 2.1 speakers from my PC) would be particularly compatible as a direct (phono) input ... so is there a workaround of some sort?

Thanks in advance.

You could get one of these, One for All Wireless Digital Audio Sender, I picked one up off ebay for less then a fiver.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...x3504-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom