Help with streamer for hifi

Thank you i said about one of these is this much different to the 2i
Martin, I have owned both the 2i and the 3, the 3 has slightly better clarity and is a little quicker in operation. The reason I said to try Qobuz is purely for the sound Q, it is not the easiest to get on with though, but after a while is OK, with Qobuz you do not actually use the qobuz app to control the Node, you use the native app (not particularly good) in the Node to play your music. The phone/tablet only acts as a controller to the node. I have found the native app in the node to be poor for Qobuz and it's true some people do not like it and spotify is way easier to use.
For instance it is not easy to find a particular track you like as easy as Amazon or Spotify, it is best to search for the artist then the album you want to play, when you find an album you like you can save it in "favourites" if you find tracks you like you add them to play lists and can make your own playlists.
If you do decide to go with Qobuz, download the latest bluesound app then go in to music services by tapping the 3 lines top left, then select Qobuz then type in your email and password, streaming quality either CD or 24bit/96 and update. go back in to the main screen and you will now have access to qobuz.
Personally I have found spotify to be inferior though slightly brighter treble in sound quality,
with Qobuz 90% of the music seems to have a rich silky hi-res sound quality that I love.
Tip: if you are listening to one of the Paradise Radio music streams and like the the track and want to save it or the album it came from -expand the bottom play bar so it goes full screen then tap the 3 little white dots on the right and select "on qobuz" that will take you to the album which you can save as favorites.

Thanks for the great information it all turns up tomorrow so will hopefully get it all going tomorrow

Hi guys i need some help it is saying we are signed up to qobuz but when click on it says wrong password emeil etc

Hi guys i need some help it is saying we are signed up to qobuz but when click on it says wrong password emeil etc
I’m not familiar with Qobuz. But in the BluOs native app there should be on the left side of app screen something called music services. Then scroll down to Qobuz and enter the password, email address.

Yes thats what we were doing but kept coming up wrong email or password. We then cancelled the whole thing set up again. now working perfectly. God knows how you tell what res there playing the tracks in. It either says cd or hr. Thank you to everyone's input much appreciated. I need to start on mine now

Yes thats what we were doing but kept coming up wrong email or password. We then cancelled the whole thing set up again. now working perfectly. God knows how you tell what res there playing the tracks in. It either says cd or hr. Thank you to everyone's input much appreciated. I need to start on mine now
High Rez is 192 kHz. Cd is 44 kHz. High Rez can start from 96 kHz. So in short higher sampling rate should give you better sound.

There should be some sound settings you can adjust when streaming music trough Qobuz. Perhaps you need to adjust it on Qobuz own website.

From my understanding you need to use the BluOs app to control what to stream from Qobuz. This is because Qobuz doesn’t work like Spotify Connect as example. If you stream music from Spotify you can turn off the BluOs app, which frankly is poor at times. The web interface could be better, but it was worse 5 years ago!

Can you hear any differences between Spotify and Qobuz?

If you can always hardwire the streamer with network cable. But WiFi works also, still Lan is better then WiFi. Much faster, convenient when streaming high Rez files which requires more bandwidth.

We didnt really get chance it just sounds amazing. A £500 streamer vs a £4000 record player. I know what i would choose.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom