• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help With Stand Issues for Sony KDFE42A12U

N

nickwhiteside

Ive recently had a KDFE42A12U delivered which I bought from Comet online. The website promised a "Stand included" however when delivered there was no stand. Comet dont seem to know what they are doing and are now replacing the whole TV as they say the stand must be missing "from the box". I know that i will end up with another TV and no stand as from reading around the forum im pretty sure that Sony dont bundle a stand as standard.

Has anyone got any advice if this has happened to them - i.e did anyone buy this TV from Comet and if so did they end up supplying a stand?

If not im going to purchase the SURG11S / SURM11S (codes seem to be conflicting on different websites) - however I cant find anyone that seems to sell them!

Any advice would be appreciated!

:lease:

simon1

nickwhiteside said:
Ive recently had a KDFE42A12U delivered which I bought from Comet online. The website promised a "Stand included" however when delivered there was no stand. Comet dont seem to know what they are doing and are now replacing the whole TV as they say the stand must be missing "from the box". I know that i will end up with another TV and no stand as from reading around the forum im pretty sure that Sony dont bundle a stand as standard.

Has anyone got any advice if this has happened to them - i.e did anyone buy this TV from Comet and if so did they end up supplying a stand?

If not im going to purchase the SURG11S / SURM11S (codes seem to be conflicting on different websites) - however I cant find anyone that seems to sell them!

Any advice would be appreciated!

:lease:

You are quite correct. Sony do not provide a stand with the 42" - it is an optional extra.

42" - SU-RG11S / 50" - SU-RG11M

The stand for the 42" will cost around £200, see here

To me, it seems pointless buying the 42" and then paying for the stand. Why not bite the bullet and get the 50", which is supplied with the stand?

You won't regret it. I've had mine since mid Jan, and it doesn't even look big now. Like others on here have said, they seem to shrink as you get used to them.

NB You won't find anyone selling 42" stands cheap, since it would have originally been purchased at full price. The only reason you're finding the 50" stands on ebay, is because they were supplied free in the first place.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom