Help with sr 606 please

pjb7251

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 606 with kef 1005.2 speakers linked up to my ps3, when I play games and non blue-ray dts films using the ps3 the sound quality is pretty impressive, however, when I play a blue-ray film which has true hd the sound is very flat and to be honest its crap. Do I need to adjust the speaker equalizer in the amps menu as theyre are all set at zero db and if so what would you suggest.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

pjb7251

Have you had a look at the thread at the top of this board ?.....it might shed some light on the subject :)

I have read the thread posted by rom and my system is already set up how he has suggested but there is a noticeable difference in sound quality between sd dvd recorded in dd and dts and blue ray recorded in true hd. The true hd is awfull very vey flat and very bassy even when set to pcm. I`ve turned down the bass on the amp and sub so all you get is bery flat sound. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If anyone has had and managed to sort it out I would be very gratefull if you could let me know as at the moment I feel like I`ve wasted my money on buying an amp that is `capable` of producing td.

ps. I read somewhere on this site from someone who`s got a 606 and was very impressed, especially when he used the `pure audio` unfortunately I found the opposite, it was even worse!!!!!!!!

Thanks

pjb7251:thumbsdow

Last edited:
I have the same amp and speakers (Onkyo 606 and kef 1005.2 - the one wiht kube1 sub).

I also use PS3 for blu-ray playback and I have to say that True HD is a lot better than DD.

Have you made the auto calibration wth Audissey?
Have you selected lossless track since most of the blu-ray discs will select DD by default.
Have you put the PS3 sending audio as LPCM instead of bitstream?

thank you for replying and unfortunately I have to say yes, but what do you mean by lossless?

pjb7251

thank you for replying and unfortunately I have to say yes, but what do you mean by lossless?

pjb7251

Lossless is True HD or DTS HD MA ...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom