1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with speed setting!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Chadman, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Chadman

Chadman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I need some help with a Panasonic Camcorder I recently bought. It is a VHS-C model PV-L559. It was a display model from a store and was purchased off of E-bay so I didn't get the manual with it. I think I figured out everything on it except one seemingly simple thing. If I record with the camera on SP speed setting it plays back in my VCR fine (approx tape length 30min). However when I put it on SLP setting and record, then go to playback, it plays like it is in fast-forward. It plays like that in the camera and on all of my 3 VCR's. I would like to use the SLP mode but I can't figure out how to get it to play back in normal speed. I thought the VCR would automatically detect what speed it should be. This is my first camcorder so maybe I'm just missing something simple, or is there a problem here?! Thanks for any advice / help!

2. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chadman;
    The VHS-C, like all analog tape puts down a speed track on the edge of the tape. When you put the tape into the VHS adapter it may be slipping away from this edge. Try a new adapter. I think the cheaper manual ones work better than the ones with batterys in them.
    As for that owners manual thing, you are in luck. goto the following web site and download one free. you need Adobe Reader which is also linked at this site.

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/support/operating.asp?modelID=PVL559&RegID=PV-L559
    Drafter