Help with speakers to pair with Rega Brio

stevaldo

Novice Member
Hi, I’d be grateful for any recommendations for speakers to pair with a Rega Brio which I have just bought.

The foam in the drivers of my existing speakers, a pair of Infinity Alpha 10s, have crumbled away. I have looked into repair but it looks like it will involve soldering myself which I’m not comfortable with.

My turntable is an old Thorens TD280 II which I’m happy with but will probably upgrade eventually.

I’m planning on adding an apple airport express to stream from my phone too- hopefully the sound quality will be reasonable.

My room is a living room about 6m x 4m with hardwood floors.

I’d like bookshelf speakers to be placed on stands rather than floorstanders and my budget is about £500.

My first choice, the Kef LS 50 Meta are out of budget at this stage, though maybe I could try and repair the Infinities and upgrade next

I had looked the new Rega Kytes, Bowers & Wilkins 607 Anniversary and Dali Oberon 1/3. Would be grateful for recommendations though!

Thanks for your time,
Stephen

acgingersnaps

Hi. These are fantastic value at the mo, and would sound fantastic off the back of a Brio. Would allow you to keep saving for the Kef's!
Otherwise, I'd definitely also consider the Dynaudio Emit series.

Costello

B & W 606 S2. Heard a pair through a Brio. Brilliant. Can’t see it being bettered for the money.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Hi, I’d be grateful for any recommendations for speakers to pair with a Rega Brio which I have just bought.

The foam in the drivers of my existing speakers, a pair of Infinity Alpha 10s, have crumbled away. I have looked into repair but it looks like it will involve soldering myself which I’m not comfortable with.

My turntable is an old Thorens TD280 II which I’m happy with but will probably upgrade eventually.

I’m planning on adding an apple airport express to stream from my phone too- hopefully the sound quality will be reasonable.

My room is a living room about 6m x 4m with hardwood floors.

I’d like bookshelf speakers to be placed on stands rather than floorstanders and my budget is about £500.

My first choice, the Kef LS 50 Meta are out of budget at this stage, though maybe I could try and repair the Infinities and upgrade next

I had looked the new Rega Kytes, Bowers & Wilkins 607 Anniversary and Dali Oberon 1/3. Would be grateful for recommendations though!

Thanks for your time,
Stephen

I’d go for the Kytes all the way.

Designed with the Brio and Io in mind and from the same designers and factory. Built in house to their own specs.

Mr Broon

I also sold my Brio to someone who told me he was going to pair with B and W 606 s2 - a combination he claimed was superb.

Costello

I also sold my Brio to someone who told me he was going to pair with B and W 606 s2 - a combination he claimed was superb.
I can’t comment on the other speakers but I have heard my Brio with the 606 S2 and they sounded superb. I was massively impressed.

acgingersnaps

To be fair, assuming you're in the Uk, auditions may be possible in the next few weeks. Best way. One man's excellent is another man's turd

stevaldo

Novice Member
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. I’m going to hold off until the stores reopen but I’ve now got plenty to research and try and narrow it down.

cheers,
Stephen

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom