1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with speaker setup FS2AV + Denon 3802 +MS25i's

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Pigwhistler, May 1, 2002.

1. Pigwhistler

Pigwhistler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've recently purchased a Denon 3802 amp and the Mission FS2AV speaker set (not yet delivered). Obviously I want to be able to use the extra speaker channels on the Denon but i'm a bit suspect about buying a 2nd set of FS2's to act as the extra surround channels.
    I do have a pair of Mordaunt Short MS25i's which to my untrained ear sound quite decent, and up until my foray into the AV market, were very serviceable as speakers for my old 4:3 28" tv (soon to be replaced with a 32" Tosh W/S tv).
    Question is - can I use the MS25i's as front speakers still, and then move the fs2av front speakers to function as the surround ones without making a muddle of the sound? I obviously wont be using the umbilical and included speaker cable if I do this.

Warren

2. garliadr

garliadr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I contacted Mission by e-mail yesyerday with the same sort of query. I wanted to use my existing FS2-AV centre speaker as my rear centre and purchase a mission m7c? centre speaker for use as my new centre. This is the reply I received,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail.

With regards to your question, the Mission fs-2 is designed for where discreet, elegant audio visual system is required. The fs-2 offers state-of-the-art sound derived from the nxt surface sound technology. The fs-2 package sound best where all the speakers are matching (ie. using flat panel speakers throughout and not mixing with pistonic speaker). I suggest that you audition these systems and then you will be able to determine the differences.

<<DOLBY EX.pdf>>

Further information on Mission products is available on the following web page: www. mission.co.uk

I hope this information is of help.

Kind regards

P. Balmi
    Mission Info.

So maybe it could be done, I don`t know. Anyone else out there using their FS2-AV with other speakers!

3. Pigwhistler

Pigwhistler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well i was thinking, I can but try it and see what its like. If it doesnt work I can get another pair of fs2s and a sub as mission suggests, but if it sounds ok to me then I've saved that extra cash.

warren

4. MartinCo

MartinCo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    pigwhistler, this has already been discussed a few times.. (search for fs2 + 6.1)

the mission dolby ex pdf file mentioned has the answer and fully discusses the solutions.. (see below)
    http://www.staff.livjm.ac.uk/cismconn/fs2av-EX-ES.pdf

basically you dont want to do it with your old speakers mentioned - they will not match sound-wise...

you can either go for a stereo fs2 pack (including another sub).,
    or the far cheaper route, a pair of Mission bipole ds series.

you can pick these up from Richer for about £100.