Help With Speaker Placement

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I must of been looking at a different sub and got mixed up. Looking at so many things right now haha.

I'm thinking of going the double sub route. Front left and right setup. After Jester recommended and watching more video tutorials/reviews etc. So x2 SB1000 Pro's should be more then ample for my room but to put things in to context.... You've got to remember I'm coming from using a 5.1 12 year old panasonic special from currys. The difference my ears are going to experience will be out of this world! Even if this setup may be considered to be "entryish" level for the more experienced av system home cinema users/buyers.

You can do that with the PB too. Only thing you need is tad more space (see width and depth), if there isn´t space then by all means stick with two SB1000 Pros. I know you are coming from toy system, but also keep in mind that the PB variant won´t really cost much more and it would be different experience as it will outperform the SB2000 Pro easily too with more tactile impact and for deep bass range you need ~2,5x SB2000 Pros to match it, one costs 1k£. This is just to show you how much the large cabinet matters. I hope you aren´t being scared to buy better cause you will do that otherwise later as this hobby will do strange things to your head.. 😅

For reference member has two PB16 Ultras (3000£/ each) in exactly similar sized 5x4 room so two PB1000 Pros won´t be too much if you are thinking of that!

20200829_011708-jpg.1356956

boosive

Novice Member
It'll be far from entry level mate. Glad to hear your going dual. I Don't think you'll regret it! I'm guessing the budgets gone out the window (since the subs alone are over £1K! 😂 Good man! 🤣👍🏼
Well kind off 😂

From that Denon X3700 MA Bronze 200 package. I only want the tower speakers, centre , x2 dipoles and ofcourse the AVR. Don't want the sub or atmos speakers. So hopefully I will get some money knocked off the price. The markup on home cinema equipment must be a fair bit because to buy that full pack individually. It's over 3k but £2200 if you buy the package deal🤷‍♂️.

But back to what I'm pretty much set on anyway. Yeh so that lot above. Then x4 SVS Prime Elavation Atmos and x1 SVS SB1000Pro to start off with. Then I'll add another SB1000Pro later on once I have the cash.

boosive

Novice Member
You can do that with the PB too. Only thing you need is tad more space (see width and depth), if there isn´t space then by all means stick with two SB1000 Pros. I know you are coming from toy system, but also keep in mind that the PB variant won´t really cost much more and it would be different experience as it will outperform the SB2000 Pro easily too with more tactile impact and for deep bass range you need ~2,5x SB2000 Pros to match it, one costs 1k£. This is just to show you how much the large cabinet matters. I hope you aren´t being scared to buy better cause you will do that otherwise later as this hobby will do strange things to your head.. 😅

For reference member has two PB16 Ultras (3000£/ each) in exactly similar sized 5x4 room so two PB1000 Pros won´t be too much if you are thinking of that!

20200829_011708-jpg.1356956
The setup in that picture is way too much for me man. I have a wife, two kids and a dog *** 😂. I dont have a money tree either😂. Maybe if I ever get the chance to set up a dedicated cinema room I could build towards going full retard like that 😂

boosive

Novice Member
The idea of good bass is two-fold. Yes you can crank it up if you want, but it's as much about getting a good smooth, even level (response) of bass that blends and adds to the audio, rather than dominating it.
I know exactly what you mean. My toy panasonic system for example. If im watching a movie fairly loud and theres an action scene for example, with dialog. It can be hard to hear properly whats being said.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
The setup in that picture is way too much for me man. I have a wife, two kids and a dog *** 😂. I dont have a money tree either😂. Maybe if I ever get the chance to set up a dedicated cinema room I could build towards going full retard like that 😂

Haha i know. You aren´t alone. Just wanted to show that the PB1000 Pro aren`t too large/too much if you are thinking that, cause i know many are!!! And due to that they go smaller than they should really. Then fast forward year or two and they are bit by the upgrade bug selling them losing money. So think carefully now what you buy. You can´t have too much woofer as you are in control of it/them. I understand fully if wife requires compact boxes like SB1000 Pro, but if she don´t and you got the space.. you know what to do! :)

Jester1066

Then x4 SVS Prime Elavation Atmos
If you wanted to save some money, but get a similar style height speaker, get 4 of these:

£289 for a pair and can be mounted in the same way. Also available in black & walnut colours.

They're great speakers... I know as I have 4 of them! 😂

Jester1066

I know exactly what you mean. My toy panasonic system for example. If im watching a movie fairly loud and theres an action scene for example, with dialog. It can be hard to hear properly whats being said.
An incorrectly setup/configured sub(s) can be horrible. On the flipside correctly setup subs are a thing of beauty and can add so much to your listening experience.

boosive

Novice Member
Haha i know. You aren´t alone. Just wanted to show that the PB1000 Pro aren`t too large/too much if you are thinking that, cause i know many are!!! And due to that they go smaller than they should really. Then fast forward year or two and they are bit by the upgrade bug selling them losing money. So think carefully now what you buy. You can´t have too much woofer as you are in control of it/them. I understand fully if wife requires compact boxes like SB1000 Pro, but if she don´t and you got the space.. you know what to do! :)
Tbh mate my wife isn't bothered. She's very passive. I've showed her the system I want and she said it looks really smart and the response I got when she saw the size was the sort response I wish I would of got 9 years ago 😔🤪😂. I could definitely fit those subs in but I dont want to over power the room with massive speakers. As it is a living room at the end of the day. Where we and guests spend most of our time. I totally get your attitude towards this though. Its how I am with my hobby, drone racing and new people that get in to it. Im like "yeh get this and that" because when I got in to I went balls deep and wanted all the best stuff lol. Drone racing is a lot cheaper then cinema entertainment systems though but the system I want is fairly cheap. Once you actually start delving into home cinema systems but I won't be turning this into a hobby. No way! Way too expensive to be a hobby for me and to keep up with everything 😂. I'll have it for another 10+ years and then upgrade more then likely. Or upgrade something every couple of years maybe. If I was in the financial situation to. I wouldn't think twice about dumping thousands and thousands in to it.

boosive

Novice Member
If you wanted to save some money, but get a similar style height speaker, get 4 of these:

£289 for a pair and can be mounted in the same way. Also available in black & walnut colours.

They're great speakers... I know as I have 4 of them! 😂
I was looking at them as well. Would need to weigh up the pros and cons between the 2....

Jester1066

I was looking at them as well. Would need to weigh up the pros and cons between the 2....
I'll do a chart for you....

Pro's - Cheaper than SVS Prime Elavation.
Cons - Nada

😂😂😂👍🏼

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Tbh mate my wife isn't bothered. She's very passive. I've showed her the system I want and she said it looks really smart and the response I got when she saw the size was the sort response I wish I would of got 9 years ago 😔🤪😂. I could definitely fit those subs in but I dont want to over power the room with massive speakers. As it is a living room at the end of the day. Where we and guests spend most of our time. I totally get your attitude towards this though. Its how I am with my hobby, drone racing and new people that get in to it. Im like "yeh get this and that" because when I got in to I went balls deep and wanted all the best stuff lol. Drone racing is a lot cheaper then cinema entertainment systems though but the system I want is fairly cheap. Once you actually start delving into home cinema systems but I won't be turning this into a hobby. No way! Way too expensive to be a hobby for me and to keep up with everything 😂. I'll have it for another 10+ years and then upgrade more then likely. Or upgrade something every couple of years maybe. If I was in the financial situation to. I wouldn't think twice about dumping thousands and thousands in to it.

Yep it`s true for living room, but then again when you hear the system first time and the jaw drops to floor i bet it´s only the start for you.. 😁 Never say never. You can always put some green plant on top of it and remember it won´t look as "raw" when the front mask is on which most people want to keep on family rooms.

If you are 100% sure the sub is too large to have two of them then yeah stick with the original plan of dual SB1000 Pro. There isn´t anything as small for the price that offers as good performance so in that sense you do get lot what you pay for.

As a final note i leave this video so you can see the size difference. If you compare them on paper it isn´t that big difference (17hz vs. 20hz for -3db) but the larger sub can play so much louder the whole range, especially the important 18-36hz for action/scifi/horror flicks. Also as there is two ports moving air you get the "earthquake" feel with rumble and more physical impact (without cranking the s*it of it). It´s hard to explain without experiencing. If you would ask this in US forum you would have gotten similar response as with woofers it`s wiser to buy little more than you need.

PS. Another alternative with compact size would be the earlier SVS SB2000 which will outperform the SB1000 Pro. 705£ gloss black SVS refurb with full warranty and 99% times these are in mint shape. AVO is forum advertiser. Only nitpick could be then finding similar 2nd sub in future if you dual route, although these do pop up used..

boosive

Novice Member
Yep it`s true for living room, but then again when you hear the system first time and the jaw drops to floor i bet it´s only the start for you.. 😁 Never say never. You can always put some green plant on top of it and remember it won´t look as "raw" when the front mask is on which most people want to keep on family rooms.

If you are 100% sure the sub is too large to have two of them then yeah stick with the original plan of dual SB1000 Pro. There isn´t anything as small for the price that offers as good performance so in that sense you do get lot what you pay for.

As a final note i leave this video so you can see the size difference. If you compare them on paper it isn´t that big difference (17hz vs. 20hz for -3db) but the larger sub can play so much louder the whole range, especially the important 18-36hz for action/scifi/horror flicks. Also as there is two ports moving air you get the "earthquake" feel with rumble and more physical impact (without cranking the s*it of it). It´s hard to explain without experiencing. If you would ask this in US forum you would have gotten similar response as with woofers it`s wiser to buy little more than you need.

PS. Another alternative with compact size would be the earlier SVS SB2000 which will outperform the SB1000 Pro. 705£ gloss black SVS refurb with full warranty and 99% times these are in mint shape. AVO is forum advertiser. Only nitpick could be then finding similar 2nd sub in future if you dual route, although these do pop up used..
Sounds like it would awesome! No white version though 😔

The XTZ 12.17 seems very similar to the PB1000pro and it comes in white too.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Sounds like it would awesome! No white version though 😔

The XTZ 12.17 seems very similar to the PB1000pro and it comes in white too.

You just need the Edge version and then there comes so additional costs due to Brexit. BK Monolith (480£) is available in white, FF and DF (different dimensions). :) But it´s quite massive.

boosive

Novice Member
You just need the Edge version and then there comes so additional costs due to Brexit. BK Monolith (480£) is available in white, FF and DF (different dimensions). :) But it´s quite massive.
You can get the xtz's from a UK supplier.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
No I mean theres a UK supplier of XTZ products 👌

No one has talked about this. Where you find this information? There was two supplier/dealers for XTZ, but both didn`t work out.

If considering XTZ then 12.17 Edge, not the normal version as it has known amp failure issues.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Are you questioning my integrity? No edge versions though.

Most the XTZ stuff is actually discontimued on the XTZ website. So they've either stoppjng trading or have new products in the pipeline. It doesn't look like a very safe company to bet on after doing more research tbh. A bit chip chop...

See my post #40. Epic Cinema carried them like 3-5years ago so old news. You have to order from XTZ directly.

Why they are discontinued is cause they are so popular in Europe, sold out! Good products (Edge amps).

Jester1066

If considering XTZ then 12.17 Edge, not the normal version as it has known amp failure issues.

Why they are discontinued is cause they are so popular in Europe, sold out! Good products (Edge amps).
Surely these 2 statements are a tad contradictory 🤣🤣😉

*Only jesting mate. Gotta live up to my forum name!

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Research announces I/50 integrated valve amp