help with sound from a denon avc x4700h

killbillr1

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all finally set up my denon avc x4700h, i used audassy to set it all up, started to watch a movie through sky Q and i really have to have the volume up to 60 to properly hear it. you can’t hear a thing until it gets to 23 on the dial. is this normal for this amp? i had a x2300w before and that was really loud at 35.
i have a roksan k3 plugged into this amp and run the front 2 from that using the bypass input channels. It sounds great when 2ch stereo and blows your ears off at 60 on the dial.
any ideas?

Last edited:
Try looking at Dynamic Compression, change to light. But a lot prefer this off.

Do you have Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume On or Off?

In your volume set up change from the absolute scale 0-98 to the dB scale as it is easier to tell where abouts your listening levels are. SkyQ is notorious for different values on the volume of audio on films.

In your volume set up change from the absolute scale 0-98 to the dB scale as it is easier to tell where abouts your listening levels are. SkyQ is notorious for different values on the volume of audio on films.
volume level is -28
Do you have Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume On or
Do you have Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume On or Off?
hi where is this in the menu please

where abouts is that in the menu?
I think this is what is mean't. Dynamic EQ.

Settings>Audio>Audyssey>Dynamic EQ>on (default)/off.

Dynamic EQ​

Solves the problem of deteriorating sound quality as volume is decreased by taking into account human perception and room acoustics.
Works with MultEQ® XT32.
On
(Default):
Use “Dynamic EQ”.
Off:Do not use “Dynamic EQ”.

right found the above dynamic eq is off dynamic volume is off

Change the volume to dB and I'll compare to where you are with my Sky connection.

Settings>Audio>Volume>Scale.

That's good. Mine has to go higher than that with Sky, usually around -15dB, watching Prime on the SkyQ platform at that value at the moment. My speakers are a hard drive but I also have external amplification for the fronts as well and I'm using a more powerful Denon than the X4700. Room size will also play a part.

thanx for the reply, i have ls50’s hence the roksan, just have to turn up the volume

I have also had this problem this week. I get scared cranking it up, but it certainly opens it up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom