Help with sound bar and additional speakers

Clocks

Novice Member
Hi all,
First time posting. I want to buy a sound bar ideally with subwoofer (ideally wireless) to pair with Sony OLED tv. Thinking with Dolby Atmos but not critical to have. In addition, though, I want to add other speakers in the room (it’s sort of T shape open plan) not for use when watching TV but to use with the sound bar when wanting to play music on Spotify for example. This way the sound bar can be used for general music play (in that part of the room) when required and the combination of speakers will fill the whole open plan space. Ideally I want to use wireless connectivity for the speakers to work together. But I want to make sure that if watching a movie not all the speakers in the whole open plan are on too, and limit it to the sound bar. Also should I also try to add extra sub woofers for the other end of the open plan? Any advice on sound bar and speakers would be gratefully received. Thank you

keithwiggins

Hi all,
First time posting. I want to buy a sound bar ideally with subwoofer (ideally wireless) to pair with Sony OLED tv. Thinking with Dolby Atmos but not critical to have. In addition, though, I want to add other speakers in the room (it’s sort of T shape open plan) not for use when watching TV but to use with the sound bar when wanting to play music on Spotify for example. This way the sound bar can be used for general music play (in that part of the room) when required and the combination of speakers will fill the whole open plan space. Ideally I want to use wireless connectivity for the speakers to work together. But I want to make sure that if watching a movie not all the speakers in the whole open plan are on too, and limit it to the sound bar. Also should I also try to add extra sub woofers for the other end of the open plan? Any advice on sound bar and speakers would be gratefully received. Thank you
Have a look at the bluesound range the soundbar is excellent and you can add speakers and subs throughout your house using there excellent app.

Clocks

Novice Member
Have a look at the bluesound range the soundbar is excellent and you can add speakers and subs throughout your house using there excellent app.
Thanks Keith they look good. Any idea how they compare with Sonos? Looks like Bose don’t have anything comparable currently having discontinued their SoundTouch range.

keithwiggins

there better, to my ears at least. They are in many ways more of an audiophile focused solution wereas sonos whilst good is more of a mass market solution. the bluesound offering will not tie you to just there subwoofers wereas sonos will, so that gives you endless choices and varying prices, the sonos sub is ok but pricey around 700 so you can buy a great deal more bass for your money if thats your budget (svs etc)
Both have outstanding apps and play nice thought out the home. Some Bose stuff pretty good some not and again you have to use there subs which are not the best.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom