Help with Sony X90J and JBL Soundbar

radar2000

I have the following items:

• Sony X90J TV (wall mounted)
  • JBL Cinema SB190 soundbar (contains HDMI In and eArc connections)
  • Rogers 4K PVR

Here is how I currently have the above connected to each other:

• Rogers 4K PVR connected to JBL's HDMI In
  • JBL eArc out to Sony TV's eArc in.

The above setup is working fine with a couple of exceptions:

- When watching TV via my Rogers 4K PVR cable box and then powering off with the Sony remote, everything turns off, which is expected. The issue is that when I power on the TV to start watching my Rogers 4K PVR cable box, it turns everything on as expected, but it does not switch the JBL's input to HDMI In... I have to grab my JBL remote and click on the HDMI In button, which then connects to my Sony TV with Sound & Video.

- When watching TV via my Rogers 4K PVR cable box and then switch to either Netflix, Disney + and Prime, everything switches as per usual... where the JBL soundbar switches to eArc input and I can watch with sound. The other issue is that when I want to switch back to my Rogers 4K PVR cable box, I have to grab my JBL remote and click on the HDMI In button to get sound & video to work on the Sony TV.

I was hoping that someone can walk me through the proper settings to get the Sony TV to send the signal back to the JBL soundbar, when I press the TV button, to let it know to switch over to HDMI In. Again, my goal here is to try and only use one remote.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom