• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Help with Sony W5 please

jonny28d

Standard Member
My first Thread,but am eager to know what to do about a problem with my (usually) reliable W5 Sony.
The fault is that the lens will not retract,with the message on screen;turn off power the on again.
Doing this does not solve the problem,although the playback is not affected.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

shotokan101

Banned
If it has a removeable battery then try removing the battery for at least 30 minutes and then try again with the battery inserted...

Jim

shotokan101

Banned
Hi Jim,tried that several times with no success,but thank you anyway.:confused:

Hi try removing the batery again and then press the power button for 15 secs. - also if that still fails try reinitialising from the setup menu perhaps ?

Jim

jonny28d

Standard Member
Hi Jim,
No luck I'm afraid.:confused:
A mystery as everything else works OK,but when switching on the lens keeps trying to retract,with clicking noises.
Anyway,I appreciate your help and many thanks.
John.
PS. Do you think there is any way I can contact Sony ?,as cannot find any contact for them on the net.

shotokan101

Banned
Hi Jim,
No luck I'm afraid.:confused:
A mystery as everything else works OK,but when switching on the lens keeps trying to retract,with clicking noises.
Anyway,I appreciate your help and many thanks.
John.
PS. Do you think there is any way I can contact Sony ?,as cannot find any contact for them on the net.

Try the info below :-

Ready to Help

For Post-Sales Support on Consumer Products in the UK: Call 0845 6000 124 9am-5pm Mon-Fri

For consumer Sales call, 0845 6000 124 Mon-Fri 9am-8pm, Sat 9am-6pm,Sun10am-5pm & Bank Holiday Mon10am-4pm

Alternatively contact us online:
Main Page |  Sony Support Europe
Postal Address

Address Sony Customer Information Centre
Sony United Kingdom Limited
Jays Close
Viables
Basingstoke
RG22 4SB

Phone 0845 6000 124

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom