1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Sony vw10ht ?????

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jinxybbc, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Jinxybbc

Jinxybbc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having had this projector for some 5 months now, I still feel that my piture setup is not as good as it should be.
    I am using a pioneer dv737 through component.
    I know not just through looking at this site, that many people are pleased with this projector...and I`am hoping that some of you will be able to give me some pointers, this would really be appreciated.

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: todd.lake ]

2. minimivic

minimivic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    This link will help with most problems and picture improvements.
    http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/vw10ht_faq.shtml

Concentrate on getting the Gain and Bias set correctly, this will give the best results. Also get hold of Video essentails or an Avia test disc to use as a reference for colours etc.
    The Pioneer 737 will output progressive DVD on NTSC material but not on Pal, very good player.
    For the best results use a HTPC running a custom 720p resolution. Have fun playing.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Echo what Sharky said.

FWIW, the two things that I have done with my VW10 (which, together, have improved the picture substantially) are:

1) I now use a pale grey screen (rather than white)
    2) I have made the "Smallcombe" modification - ie attached a pale pink colour correcting filter (CC20R) to the projector, and then reset the colour balance in the service menu to remove the pink tint. Sounds like an odd thing to do, but it decreases the brightness of blacks to about half ie improves the overall contrast significantly. The filter cost £9.

Full instructions on the Service and Factory menus are all in the FAQ referred to above. Enjoy.